- Starts and Ends at Jomo Kenyatta International
- 1 Night at the Weston Hotel in Nairobi
- 5 Nights Amboseli Serena Safari Lodge
- 6 Nights at the Photographic Safaris Mara Camp
- Maximum of 6 guests split across 2 Toyota Landcruisers
- Additional Freight seat included to increase wight restrictions to 30kg’s per guest
- Includes Scenic Flights from Nairobi to Amboseli, Amboseli to the Masai Mara and Masai Mara to Nairobi
Whilst a number of our other photo safaris combine Amboseli & Masai Mara, this is the first safari which is dedicated exclusively to these two iconic game viewing destinations in Kenya.
Our journey on the Amboseli & Masai Mara photo safari begins in Nairobi where we will board a flight from Wilson Airport to Amboseli National Park and the Serena Hotel. The fragile ecosystem of the Amboseli National Park hosts an incredible spectacle of wildlife and African landscapes and is where the first 5 nights of the safari will be spent. Amboseli will allow us the time to photograph the massive herds of elephants as they make their daily trek into the swamps to feed. What makes this even more special is that fact that Mount Kilimanjaro forms the backdrop for almost every image, providing incredible photographic opportunities.
Having our own vehicles and local guides means we do not have to stick to lodge game drives times and can spend our time in search of sightings in the scenic Amboseli National Park between sunrise and sunset. All meals, apart from a few picnic lunches or packed breakfasts, will be enjoyed at the Serena Lodge which will be our home base for the duration of our time in Amboseli.
On the morning of day 6 we will depart Amboseli by air, flying directly into the Mara triangle Conservancy where we will then make our way to the Photographic Safaris Mara camp located on the banks of the Mara River. The Mara Triangle has been named “The Worlds Best game Reserve” and it deserves the title. One of the world’s most iconic destinations, the Masai Mara teems with wildlife and is one of the best wildlife photography destinations in the world.
The small and intimate Wildlife Studio Mara camp will be our base for the 6 nights spent exploring the region. During this time we will focus on the big cats and large herds of general game that move across this landscape throughout the year. Whilst the migratory herds may still be in the region, there will be more than enough incredible photographic opportunities on offer even without the wildebeest! Once again, having our own vehicles and local guides means we do not have to stick to lodge game drives times and can spend our time in search of sightings in the Mara Triangle between sunrise and sunset.
Our time on the Amboseli & Masai Mara photo safari comes to an end on the afternoon of day 12 when we bid farewell to the open plains of the Mara and fly back to Nairobi.
Dates: October 7, 2019 – October 19, 2019
Guide: Alex Jones
Cost: GBP 7, 500.00 per person sharing
Single person supplement: GBP 450.00 per single guest
Deposit: GBP 3,750.00 per person sharing
Max number of Photographers: 6
- Day 1: Arrival in kenya and overnight at the Weston Hotel, Nairobi
- Day 2: Fly Nairobi to Amboseli, overnight Amboseli Serena
- Day 3: Overnight Amboseli Serena and full day Amboseli
- Day 4: Overnight Amboseli Serena and full day Amboseli
- Day 5: Overnight Amboseli Serena and full day Amboseli
- Day 6: Overnight Amboseli Serena and full day Amboseli
- Day 7: Morning flight from Amboseli to Mara Serena, Overnight Photographic Safaris Mara Camp
- Day 8: Overnight Photographic Safaris Mara Camp and full day Mara Triangle Conservancy
- Day 9: Overnight Photographic Safaris Mara Camp and full day Mara Triangle Conservancy
- Day 10: Overnight Photographic Safaris Mara Camp and full day Mara Triangle Conservancy
- Day 11: Overnight Photographic Safaris Mara Camp and full day Mara Triangle Conservancy
- Day 12: Overnight Photographic Safaris Mara Camp and full day Mara Triangle Conservancy
- Day 13: Half day Mara Triangle Conservancy and afternoon flight back to Nairobi
Headquarters: Photographic Safaris, Nairobi